Thursday, October 30, 2008

Free Write Blog #2



I received this video in an email and it truly hit my heart. This video speaks volumes, and anyone that sees it will be affected in one way or another. If they aren't, they must not have a heart.

I was raised that having an abortion is wrong. My mother is a nurse and sees many children die due to cancer and other diseases, at young ages. The significance is that these early diseased babies got a chance at life, even if it was plagued immediately by sickness. Abortion is wrong, in any form it takes.

This video focuses on partial birth abortion, and I admit prior to this video that my knowledge on this particular form was limited. After hearing the video, I was shattered. In partial birth abortions, the babies are sometimes killed inside the womb or actually born and left unattended. They induce labor on the mother deliver the child, and watch it die. Sometimes the babies are alive for minutes, or as long as 8 hours. A lot can happen in eight hours, as I've witnessed many times in my life. These babies don't even get a choice, they are born, meaning they are citizens of the United States. What about their rights? Isn't this murder?

Although the videos intent was to demote Obama, I refuse to look at that aspect because it is not important. What is important is that this is real. Its not a made up campaign attack to make the Republicans look better or hurt Obama's character, its evidence that babies are getting murdered. I know I'm not a mother and I have never been in the situation of pregnancy, but I shouldn't have to be to know that this is wrong. But not only is it wrong that the mother consents, but that the doctors AGREE to perform this horrible operation.

I know I can't change the laws on abortion, and I know that this won't stop unless our Congress comes together to create a law. Since this hasn't happened in years, I have a feeling I might not ever see the day it passes. But I just want other people to understand what is happening, and realize that this is unmoral, and it is murder.

No comments: